COMMUNITY COMMENTS

Home | Comments | COMMUNITY COMMENTS
image

If you would like to leave a comment about our website or have something to say about what goes on around town please leave your comments here. All comments will be monitored before posting. Please post positive comments and let us keep a positive attitude.

Subscribe to comments feed Comments (94 posted):

William Beaton on 21/03/2014 02:21:38
Keeping up with the website is not too difficult because it is something I like to do. As a professional meteorologist it is fun to try and provide good quality weather forecasts. Also, it is nice to hear that people find the website useful. It makes it easy to keep things interesting, as long as I keep the webcam rolling.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
Nereida on 20/03/2014 00:13:55
Heya! I understand this is sort of off-topic however I
had to ask. Does running a well-established website such as yours require a massive amount work?
I'm brand new to operating a blog however I do write in my journal everyday.

I'd like to start a blog so I can easily share my personal
experience and feelings online. Please let me know if
you have any ideas or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners.
Thankyou!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
William Beaton on 14/02/2014 04:20:11
In the marine section of SGH there is a page labeled buoys. The top link shows NOAA data for water temperature, waves, wind and ice. I have found the "water temperature tab" is the best for determining ice cover.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
j.johnson on 13/02/2014 08:33:19
I saw a little blurb on the news saying that Lake Michigan is about 80% ice covered. Just wondering if you have any way of telling how far off shore from Grand Haven do you have to go to find open water?
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
June Cutting on 04/02/2014 22:31:16
Many thanks to Mr Weirenga for this website-have got the family all watching the snow etc of Grand haven. I saw it under different conditions in the Summer time and enjoyed the setting sun and all boats returning home. J.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
William Beaton on 14/12/2013 18:23:54
Hi Bob. Thank you for your comment and keeping up with my forecasts. I couldn't figure out the part about winter solstice being the 14th, then I realized you read my weather forecast for December 14th where it said the sun sets a minute later until the end of June. Even though you are correct solstice is not until next week the 21st, the sun does actually start setting later starting December 14th at 5:11 pm, but the sunrise keeps starting later all the way until the end of December at 8:16 am. The solstice is our shortest day of the year when the sunrise is 8:13 am and the sunset is 5:13 pm. Hope that makes sense, it's a little strange, but so are most meteorologists!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
Bob on 13/12/2013 13:31:52
The Winter Solstice is next Sat. the 21st.
Not tomorrow the 14th.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
William Beaton on 09/12/2013 21:49:16
Thank you Marcie. I got to surf today which is the best birthday present I could get!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
Marcie Lynch on 09/12/2013 13:38:47
Happy Birthday Will
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
Marcie Lynch on 09/12/2013 13:34:29
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Will!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Down
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next total: 94 | displaying: 1 - 10

Please enter the code you see in the image: